- 1 kg yellow peaches
- 500 g gelling sugar, 2:1
- 2-3 drops vanilla essence
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
1. Blanch the peaches in boiling water for about 30 seconds and peel off the skin.
2. Cut the fruit in half, remove the stone and blend to a purée.
3. Combine with the sugar, vanilla and lemon juice in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for about 4 minutes. Carry out a gelling test and fill the prepared jars to the brim.
4. Close the lid, turn upside down and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Turn upside down again and let cool.