Basic recipe for donut dough
- 600 g flour
- 20 g baking powder
- 2 beaten eggs
- 175 g icing sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
For the glaze
- 1 egg white (about 30 g)
- 10 g honey
- 100 g of icing sugar
- A few drops of lemon juice
1. Mix the flour and baking powder together.
2. In another bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the milk and melted butter.
3. Add to the flour mixture. Work the dough by hand until it is homogeneous. Make a ball, cover with a damp cloth and leave it in the fridge for 2 hours.
4. On a baking tray covered with baking paper or a floured workstation, spread the dough to a thickness of 1 centimetre. Use cookie cutters to shape the doughnuts.
5. Heat the deep fryer to 190°C and dip the doughnuts into it. Turn them over when they are well browned so that they swell well on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
Mix all the ingredients together until the desired consistency is reached. Dip the donuts one third into the glaze before decorating.
Decorate with edible flower petals (rose, cornflower, dahlia, tagetes...) according to your desires and tastes.
Recipe : Pierre Zehner