- 1 large pre-baked shortcrust base, or 6 small disks
- 1⁄2 fresh foie gras cut into pieces
- 500 g fresh porcini mushrooms, chopped
- 20 g schallots, chopped
- 10 g parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 clove of garlic, crushed
- some white wine
For the quiche filling
- 250 ml milk
- 250 g liquid cream
- 4 whole eggs
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
1. Place a frying pan over medium heat and sear the foie gras for one minute on each side. Sprinkle with fleur-de-sel and pepper and set aside.
2. Drain any excess fat from the pan, increase the heat to high, brown the porcini mushrooms and then add the shallot and garlic. Deglaze with the white wine and set aside.
3. Mix the eggs with cream and milk, and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Preheat oven to 200 °C, top and bottom heat.
5. Distribute the porcini mushrooms evenly over the base of the quiche, then place the foie gras slices on top and cover with the egg-and-cream mixture.
6. Bake at 200 °C for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Let cool and serve with a small green salad on the side.
Recipe: Olivier Chevrier