- 2 aubergines
- 2 large courgettes
- 3 red peppers
- 5 Cornue or Beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 orange Beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection + grill position).
2. Wash the aubergines, cut them into thin slices, and set aside. Wash the zucchini, cut them into thin slices, and set aside. Cut the orange tomatoes into slices and set aside.
3. Wash the peppers, put them in an oven-proof dish, add a little water (1 glass) and put them in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes (until the peppers turn black), let them cool, then remove the skin, seeds and stalks, set the rest aside. Wash the Cornue tomatoes, cut them into pieces and set aside.
4. Fill a saucepan with salted water, heat it up, add the courgettes, boil briefly, drain and set aside.
5. Fry the slices of aubergine in a frying pan, adding a little olive oil each time, fry lightly on both sides, remove, season with salt and pepper.
1. Peel and wash the onions and cut them into fine slices. Peel, wash and crush the garlic cloves. Rinse the thyme twigs and bay leaf and set aside.
2. Put a dash of olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions and garlic over a low heat for 10 minutes, then season with salt and pepper (stir occasionally with a wooden spoon).
3. Add the chopped Cornue tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme twigs, simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat, add 350 ml of water and cook for another 30 minutes on a low heat.
1. Preheat the oven again to 180°C.
2. Mix the sauce and pour into a gratin dish.
3. Arrange the vegetables in the dish as follows: a slice of grilled aubergine, then a slice of courgette, then a piece of grilled pepper, then a slice of orange Beefsteak tomato and so on.
4. Drizzle with a dash of olive oil and a pinch of fleur de sel and pepper. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
Recipe : Sandrine Pingon (Les Paniers de Sandrine)