- 1 small red cabbage (400 g)
- 3 mandarins
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 40 g walnuts
- salt and black pepper
1. Remove the outer leaves from the red cabbage, quarter the cabbage, removing the hard stalk, and cut into fine strips. Mix in a bowl with 1 pinch of salt and knead for 5 minutes with your hands (preferably with disposable gloves).
2. Peel 2 mandarins, remove the white skin and cut into pieces. Squeeze the juice from the remaining mandarin. Mix the juice with vinegar, maple syrup, sunflower and walnut oil and pepper. Add to the red cabbage, mix well and leave to infuse for at least 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, chop the walnuts and roast them in a pan without adding oil at medium heat. Make sure they do not burn. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
4. Add the mandarin pieces to the red cabbage, mix and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with the roasted walnuts.