The results of the We’re Smart® Awards for the best plant-based restaurants in the world are in! For the second year in a row, Chef René Mathieu’s La Distillerie has been voted the best plant-based restaurant in the world. Congratulations to him and his teams!
We’re Smart® World, the undisputed culinary reference for plant-based cuisine, has announced its ranking of the best vegetable restaurants in the world. Over the past year, We’re Smart World has visited hundreds of restaurants around the world. The team assesses whether restaurants’ menus are made up of at least two-thirds fruit and vegetables, but also according to criteria based on their culinary creativity, ecological footprint and social impact. The best plant-based restaurants are awarded 1-5 radishes in the We’re Smart Green Guide.
La Distillerie, the Luxembourgish restaurant run by chef René Mathieu, wins the We’re Smart Award for the “Best Vegetable Restaurant in the World” for the second year in a row.
“The recognition by We’re Smart World means a lot to me. More than ten years ago, I decided to create 100% plant-based food, which was quite a challenge! This award motivates me to go even further. I would also like to thank my team, because without them I would never have achieved this result. Plant-based cooking is not a substitute cuisine, but a cuisine in its own right. It is delicious, colourful, comforting, light, extra gourmet, pleasing, fine, rustic…” says Chef René Mathieu
We also note that the restaurant Fani, Léa Linster and Ma Langue Sourit were awarded 3 radishes.
Discover the Top 10 We’re Smart of the best plant-based restaurants in the world:
- La Distillerie (Luxembourg – Bourglinster), Chef René Mathieu
- De Nieuwe Winkel (Netherlands – Nijmegen), Chef Emile van der Staak
- Vrijmoed (Belgium – Ghent), Chef Michaël Vrijmoed
- Piazza Duomo (Italy – Alba), Chef Enrico Crippa
- L’Oustau de Baumanière (France – Les Baux de Provence), Chef Glenn Viel
- L’Arpège (France – Paris), Chef Alain Passard
- Eleven Madison Park (USA – New York), Chef Daniel Humm
- Ricard Camarena (Spain – Valencia), Chef Ricard Camarena
- Humus x Hortense (Belgium – Brussels), Chef Nicolas Decloedt
- L’Air du Temps (Belgium – Liernu), Chef Sang-Hoon Degeimbre
Finally, the new edition of the We’re Smart Green Guide, the guide to the world’s best vegetarian restaurants, is also launched today.
More information : weresmartworld.com