- 12 large scallops without the coral
For the parsnip purée
- 500 g parsnips
- 1⁄2 l milk
- 1⁄2 l chicken stock
- 50 g butter
For the crumble
- 100 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 100 g ground almonds
- 50 g grated parmesan
- 10 g ground Voatsiperifery pepper
- (wild Madagascan pepper)
- Truffle shavings or a little herring
For the truffle cream
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml cream
- 5 g truffle oil
- 10 g tartufata (truffle sauce)
- salt and pepper
The parsnip purée
1. Peel and finely slice parsnips. Add milk and chicken stock and cook on a low heat for 30 minutes.
2. Strain (keep the cooking stock) and blend with a little chicken stock (add slowly until you achieve the right consistency).
3. Stir in butter then season with salt and pepper.
The truffle cream
Reduce the cooking stock by half, add cream, reduce by half again and add tartufata, truffle oil, salt and pepper then blend with a hand blender.
Colour the scallops on one side in a little oil (sunflower, olive etc.) Remove from the heat, add a knob of butter and put to the side.
Whisk all the ingredients with a flat beater then bake for 12 minutes at 180°C on a sheet of baking paper.
Place the parsnip purée on the bottom of the plate, coat with crumble, place 3 scallops on top and garnish with a few truffle shavings and a little herring caviar (avruga). Serve the sauce on the side. Feel free to coat the entire plate in the sauce.