- 2 small Arlequin octopus tentacles (200g)
- 8 fresh prawns
- 1 tin of mussels conservas de Cambados
- 1 tin of razor clams al natural conservas de Cambados
- 1 tin of cockles al natural conservas de Cambados
- 10 sprigs of chives
- Chervil or parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 handful of Gordal green olives
- 1 tomato
- ½ green pepper
- 1 sweet Figueres (or Roskoff) onion
- 1/2 lemon (juice and zest)
- 20 g of 100% Picual olive oil
- 2 sheets of edible gelatine (1.9 g/sheet) and a container of cold water
- 100 g milk
- 2 avocados, ripe
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 - 2 pinches of salt, to taste
- 1 - 2 pinches of ground pepper, to taste
- 100 g single cream 30-40% m.f.
- 50 g double cream, min. 40% m.f.
- Wash the prawns thoroughly in cold water. Remove the head, shell and gut and intestine and set aside.
- Place the green pepper, lemon zest, onion, tomato, bay leaves and herbs in the bowl, herbs in the bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 4. Place in a bowl and container then add canned seafood, reserving some of the sauce and al natural juice.
- Prepare the sauce, put in the bowl, the olive oil, lemon and a little juice al natural and escabeche juice, salt, pepper and mix 10 sec/ speed 8.
- Pour the dressing over the seafood, mix well and leave in the fridge until serving. Clean the bowl.
- Place the soaked gelatine sheets in a bowl of cold water.
- Place the milk in the bowl and heat for 5 minutes/80°C/speed 1.
- Add the carefully drained gelatine and dissolve for 10 seconds on speed 3.
- Add the avocados, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blend for 40 sec/speed 10. Transfer to a bowl and set aside in a cool place. Clean the bowl.
- Insert whisk attachment. Add the cream and double cream to the bowl and whisk for 1 min/speed 3. Remove the whisk. Using a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the avocado purée and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick pan, grill the octopus over low heat, covered, for 10 minutes per side. Grill the prawns over a high heat for 1 - 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the avocado cream from the refrigerator and transfer it to a piping bag.
- Arrange the avocado bavaroise on the plate so that the cold seafood salad is in the middle, then complete the salpicón with the octopus and the warm prawns and 2 green olives.
Recipe: Johan Tisserand
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine