- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, cut into thin slices
- 350 artichoke hearts in brine, drained and quartered
- 2 small Luxembourgish Mettwurst
- 2 cans (400 g) tomato sauce with herbs
- 1 pinch of salt
- black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5-6 eggs
- 150 g of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp watercress or parsley
1.Preheat the oven to 180 °C top and bottom heat.
2.Dice the sausage.
3.Heat the olive oil in a 25 cm cast iron pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper, artichoke hearts and diced Mettwurst and simmer gently for approx. 5-10 minutes until soft.
4.Remove the pan from the heat, add the tomato sauce and season with salt, pepper, coriander, paprika, cumin and pepper flakes. Let simmer for a few minutes.
5.Put the Mettwurst pieces either in the sauce and cook for a few minutes or fry them separately in a pan until crispy and then add them to the sauce.
6.Using a spoon, make 6 wells in the tomato sauce and fill each well with an egg. Season again with salt and pepper.
7.Place the pan in the middle of the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the egg whites are cooked but the yolks are still runny.
8.Garnish with crumbled feta and cress and serve with fresh baguette.