- 2 x 1 kg spaghetti squash
- 8 garlic cloves, un-peeled
- 12 large sage leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- A little freshly grated nutmeg
- 50 g unsalted butter, diced
- A little smoked paprika powder
- 25 g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper
- crisp green lettuce (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C fan.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthways, de-seed and arrange in a roasting tin. Divide the garlic, sage and oil between each one and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cover the tin with foil and roast for 1 hour.
3. Remove the foil and roast for a further 20-30 minutes until golden and the squash feels tender all the way through when pierced with a knife.
4. Take out of the oven, top with the butter and let it melt. Add a little paprika powder and a sprinkling of Parmesan. Serve with a crisp green salad, if wished.