- 800 g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 120 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced potatoes and onion to the pan, and cook until the potatoes are tender and the onion is translucent, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and onions in a colander, reserving the olive oil in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes and onions to the egg mixture, and stir well.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons of the reserved olive oil.
- Pour the potato and egg mixture into the pan, and cook until the edges start to set, about 5-7 minutes.
- Flip the tortilla using a large plate, and slide it back into the pan to cook the other side, for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the tortilla from the pan and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.