For the pancakes:
- 100 g spinach leaves
- 250 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 120 g wheat flour type 405
- 25 g butter for frying
For the topping:
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 eggs
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 avocado, flesh diced
- 150 g smoked Sockeye wild salmon
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 handful rocket
- 3 stalks dill, leaves roughly chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- For the pancakes, use a hand blender to puree the spinach and milk. Stir in the egg first and then the flour. Season with a pinch of salt and stir until smooth. Set the batter aside.
- For the topping, mix the onion with the lime juice in a bowl, place in a sieve and leave to drain for at least 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring plenty of water to the boil and hard-boil the eggs for 8 minutes. Rinse under cold running water, peel and crumble in a sieve with the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and spread over the bottom of the pan. Bake half of the pancake batter in it for 2-3 minutes so that the underside is golden brown. Halfway through the baking time, put a lid on the pan so that the top is also cooked. Prepare a second pancake in this way.
- Spread the pancakes with the cream cheese and spread the avocado on top. Top with the salmon slices and tomato quarters. Garnish with marinated onion, rocket leaves and dill. Drizzle with a little oil and finally sprinkle with the egg crumbs and some pepper.
Recipe and photo: GEMÜSE & FISCH. 80 PERFEKT KOMBINIERTE GENIESSERREZEPT by Bart van Olphen (Christian Verlag)