- 250 g rice noodles
- 250 g soy beans
- 2 carrots
- 8 rice paper sheets
- 1 flat-leaved lettuce
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- 1 mixed seasonal box of edible flowers
- Hot chilli sauce or soy sauce
- Put the rice noodles into hot water for 3 minutes. When cooked, rinse the rice noodles under cold water and cut with scissors (it’s much easier than with a knife).
- Rinse the soy beans under fresh water. Wash the lettuce.
- Grate your carrots or cut them into thin strips (julienne style).
- Cut off some rinsed lettuce leaves, coriander & mint.
- Dip your rice paper (one by one) into hot water for 5-8 seconds until soft.
- Place all your ingredients around your preparation area for quick assembling.
- First place the edible flowers onto each rice paper, then add the lettuce leaves, rice noodles, carrots, and soy beans. Make sure all ingredients are in the centre.
- Wrap like a burrito.
- Serve with hot chilli sauce or soy sauce.
Recipe: Isabelle Weisen & Kate Greewood Picture: Anne Lommel
To prepare the spring rolls, use a wet tea towel when rolling the rice paper sheets.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine