- 125 g shortbread biscuits
- 60 g butter, melted
- 250 g cream cheese
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 250 g caster sugar, plus 125 g extra
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
- 1½ tsp powdered gelatine
- 2 tbsp freshly-boiled water, plus 125 ml extra
- 250 g strawberries
- Lightly grease and line 6 loose-based, straight-sided dessert forms.
- Process biscuits to fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse to combine. Divide mixture evenly among pans and press firmly over bases.
- Beat cream cheese, coconut cream, sugar, vanilla seeds and lemon zest until smooth. Beat in half of the juice.
- Using a fork, whisk gelatine into freshly-boiled water. Cool slightly, then beat into cheesecake mixture. Pour mixture evenly among moulds. Chill for at least 4 hours until firm.
- In a food processor, purée 125 g strawberries. Strain to remove seed.
- In a small saucepan, combine extra sugar and extra water, stirring over low heat until smooth. Boil 5 minutes until edges begin to turn golden. Stir in the strawberry purée and remaining juice.
- Remove cheesecakes from trays and drizzle with strawberry sauce. Serve with remaining berries.
For a hint of floral flavour, add ¼ tsp rosewater to the strawberry sauce.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine