- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 350 g strawberries
- 50 g raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 100°C convection. Place the egg whites in a bowl with the lemon juice and whisk with a
- Gradually add 180 g icing sugar.
- Continue beating the egg whites until stiff and peaks form, then fold in the cornflour.
- Sort out the berries, wash, clean and drain well. Sprinkle with the remaining icing sugar in a bowl and mash finely.
- Strain the berry mixture through a fine sieve.
- Add the berry pulp to the beaten egg whites and fold in just briefly with a spoon to create a marble effect.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spoon the marbled egg whites into 6 – 8 circles (9 – 10 cm Ø) on the tray and shape them into cloudy cakes. Bake the meringues in the oven for about 45 minutes until crisp. They should remain light-coloured, so just cover with silver foil if they start to colour too much. Leave to cool in the oven (preferably with the handle of a wooden spoon stuck in the oven door so that it stays open a crack).
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine