- 150 g bulgur or couscous
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 large onion or 5 spring onions
- 1 bouquet of fresh mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt, black pepper from the mill
Normally this fresh salad from Lebanon is prepared with bulgur. But you can also use couscous instead.
- Pour hot water or broth over the bulgur and let it steep. Chop tomatoes, cucumber, onions, parsley and mint as finely as possible.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- For a personal touch you can add some raisins, dried cranberries or pomegranate seeds.
- Tabouleh is traditionally served in a salad leaf.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine