- 1 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 tbsp grated palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lime kefir leaf, cut into thin strips
- 1 kg beef chuck steak, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 20 g vegetable oil
- 150 g or 1 medium brown onion, quartered
- 125 ml beef or vegetable stock
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 200 g red pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach, washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp Asian fried shallots (optional)
- Cooked Jasmine rice, to serve
- Put the red curry paste, sugar, fish sauce, garlic and lime leaf and mix for 20 seconds on speed 8.
- In a large bowl add the beef and the mixture and stir to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over high heat. Cook beef in batches until browned on all sides.
- Put the oil and onion quarters in the mixing bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Cook the onions for 3 min / 120°C / Speed 1.
- Add the beef stock and coconut milk and cook for 20 min / 100°C / reverse the knives / speed 1.
- Add the pepper and spinach and cook for a further minute or until wilted. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook for a little longer if necessary.
- Sprinkle with shallots and serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine