- 1 aubergine
- 3 peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green)
- 2 pink onions, Figueres or Roskoff type
- 150 ml Priordei unfiltered arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 1 country bread
- 1 jar of Casa Amella organic calçot sauce
- 100 g goat cheese
- For the escalivada, grill the peppers, aubergine and onions on the barbecue or in the oven at 200oC for 30 minutes. Do not hesitate to burn the skins.
- Remove the aubergine and peppers and set aside in a covered bowl, so that their steam continues to cook. Continue cooking the onions for a few more minutes.
- Once the vegetables have cooled, remove the skin and cut the flesh into shreds. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a generous amount of strong, fruity, premium olive oil.
- Toast nice slices of farmhouse bread on the grill or on a cast iron skillet (alternatively in the oven or toaster).
- Place a generous amount of escalivada on the bread slice. Sprinkle with a little calçot sauce here and there. Place a piece of goat cheese in the centre. Crumble the oregano on top. Taste.
Recipe: Johan Tisserand
Photo: Ramunas Astrauskas
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine