- 1 bunch of basil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, roasted in a pan without fat
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, halved
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6-8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g cream cheese
- 8 Tramezzini bread slices (approx. 10 x 10 cm)
- A handful of arugula
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. For the pesto, place the basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan and olive oil in a tall narrow container and blend with a hand blender. The result should be a relatively dry pesto. Season with salt and pepper and mix with the cream cheese.
2. Place 8 slices of Tramezzini bread next to each other on the work surface and spread them all with cream cheese pesto. Cover four of the slices with rocket salad and ham and cover with the other four slices. Cut in half diagonally and serve.
3. As party food, spread 1 slice of bread with pesto on each and cover with ham and rocket. Roll up each slice of bread individually, cut through diagonally and hold together with skewers.