- 12 slices of toast bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp crème fraîche
- 50 g Gruyère AOP cheese, grated
- 8 slices of Gruyère AOP
- 100 g cooked ham, chiffonade-style
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- salt, pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220 °C. Spread butter onto the bread slices. Set aside.
2. Mix the crème fraîche with the grated Gruyère PDO, salt, and pepper.
3. Place 4 toasts onto the work surface. Spread the Gru- yère AOP cream, slices of Gruyère AOP, cooked ham, and tomato on the toast.
4. Place another toast on top and garnish it in the same way.
5. Finish with a buttered toast. Tie with food string. Place the cro- que-monsieur in an ovenproof dish. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
Delicious with small onions, pickles and a lamb’s lettuce salad.