For the Verwuerelter:
- 75g butter, room temperature
- 50g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 50ml cream
- 270g Le Moulin Bio patisserie flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- vegetable oil
- Icing sugar
- Put the butter and the sugar in a bowl and mix until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat between additions. Add the vanilla extract and cream and beat again.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and work into a smooth dough.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and roll out to a square approximately 35 x 20 cm big.
- Cut the square lengthwise in half, then cut into 17 strips of 2 cm wide and 10 cm high.
- Make a knot with each dough strip and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fat fryer to 180°C.
- Fry the knots in batches in the hot oil for about 4 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Remove the knots with a slotted spoon and put on a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain.
- Mix a bit of icing sugar with a good pinch of cinnamon.
- After draining, put the Verwuerelter in a large bowl and dust with the cinnamon icing sugar while still hot.
- These are best eaten on the day they are made.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine