- 20 Grissini sticks, 10 cm (if possible with olives, or plain)
- 400 g shank of veal without fat
- 1 onion
- 3 g ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 black olives
- 50 g white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- some thyme
- some rosemary
- olive oil
- 100 g tuna in brine
- 2 eggs, medium soft boiled
- 35 g capers
- 3 or 4 anchovy fillets
- 40 g olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- cooking broth
1. Brown the shank of veal on all sides in olive oil.
2. Add the onion cut into quarters with the herbs, garlic, olives, pepper, and white wine.
3. Cover and cook gently in the oven at 120 °C for 1h30.
4. Remove the meat with the filling from the oven, wrap in aluminum foil, and allow to cool so that it retains all its tenderness.
5. Reduce the juice by half, pass through a sieve, and save for the tonnato sauce.
1. Mix all the ingredients and add the reduced cooking juice with some of the olives from the cooking broth. Season to taste. Do not stir the sauce too long so that it does not become too smooth and remains appealing.
2. To serve, cut the veal lengthwise into thin slices. Season lightly and roll around the bread sticks. Place the sauce in a small pot and serve on the side.
3. To give this dish a little freshness, we add some vegetables such as onions, carrots, radishes, and raw asparagus, all cut into strips and marinated the previous day in the following mixture:
- 200 g vinegar (Melfort)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 50 g water
Boil the mixture for 1 minute and pour over the vegetables. Leave to cool and keep in the fridge.
Recipe : Alain Pierron