- 300 g seitan, shredded
- 350 g porcini mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bundle of parsley, chopped (about 5 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 puff pastry biscuit (plant based)
For the white bean cream sauce
- 250 ml oat cooking cream (e.g. by oatly cuisine)
- 200 g white beans (soaked for 8 hours)
- ½ tsp curcuma
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the white beans for 20 minutes.
2. Heat a large pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the onions and sauté over medium heat, then add garlic and fry for another minute. Add the mushrooms, leeks and carrots and stir fry for 7-8 minutes.
3. In a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and stir fry the seitan for 5 min over high heat until golden brown and crispy. Add the seitan to the large pan.
4. For the white bean cream sauce, put the boiled beans, oat cream and turmeric in a blender and puree. The consistency should be smooth and creamy.
5. Add the sauce to the large pan and heat over low heat for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, bake the puff pastry biscuits in the pre-heated oven according to the packaging instructions.
7. Take the puff pastry biscuits and pour in the filling of vegetables and sauce. Finish with some fresh parsley and the puff pastry hat. Serve with quinoa, rice, potato croquettes or a green salad.
Recipe & Photo: Sara & Sven https://www.instagram.com/aboutbeetroots/