- 300 g cottage cheese
- 250 g butter + some for buttering + frying
- 300 g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 large onions
- 6 carrots
- 1⁄4 celery root
- 1 leek (the white and light green part)
- 1 kg cooked ham, cut into 12 slices
- 1 egg
- For the dough, mix the cottage cheese, butter, flour and salt with your hands to make a dough. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- After the refrigeration time, roll out the dough into a long rectangle (about 65 x 28 cm).
- Butter a baking tray and spread the dough on it. It should overlap the tray on one side so that half of the dough acts as the base and the other half as the lid.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Peel the onions and cut into rings. Cut the carrots, celery and leek into strips (julienne). Lightly fry the onions in melted butter for 5 minutes, then fry the rest of the vegetables in butter in a second pan for 10 minutes. Then add the onion.
- Leave a border when topping the pastry. Top with 1 slice of ham, then 1 large tablespoon of vegetables. Follow with 2 slices of ham, then 1 tablespoon of vegetables again until all is used up. Finish with 1 slice of ham again.
- Brush the edge of the pastry with beaten egg and fold the overlapping pastry over the topping. Press down firmly so that no filling can escape. Brush the bread crust with egg, decorate with leftover pastry and brush these as well.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine