- 500 g flour
- 500 g sugar
- 500 g butter
- 12 eggs
- Pinch salt
- Vegetable oil
- Waffle cone mould
- Waffle cone maker
- Preheat the waffle cone maker and lightly brush both sides with oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together the butter and the sugar until creamy. Add the salt and the eggs; mix thoroughly to incorporate. Slowly sieve in the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon 1 big teaspoon of the batter into the middle of the hot waffle cone maker. Close the lid tightly and bake for 1 ½ minutes. Ensure that the waffle is nicely golden-brown and adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Carefully remove the waffle with a fork and place onto a clean cloth towel. Use the cloth to help lift and roll the waffle around the cone form, pinching the bottom and holding the cone for about 10 seconds to set its shape.
- In an airtight container, the “Wäffelcher” can be stored for several days (up to 1 week).
Note : if you purchased the KACHEN Autumn edition, there is a slight mistake in the ingredients of the "Granny's Recipe". Indeed, you should use 12 eggs (not 6).
For even lighter cones, you can replace the butter with an equal amount of margarine to make the batter. For those who prefer their cones a little thicker, don’t close the lid too tightly while baking them. That way, they will also not break as quickly while eating them.