- 160 g polenta
- 800 g water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 250 g milk
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 kg mixed mushrooms, (e.g. chanterelle, oyster mushrooms, button mushrooms)
- salt and pepper
- Place the garlic cloves, rosemary and thyme in the bowl and blend for 20 seconds at speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Season with salt and pepper and blend for 5 seconds at speed 8.
- Insert the whisk into the bowl, pour the milk and water into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and heat for 8 mins/100°C/Speed 2.
- Program for 6 mins/100°C/speed 3 and gradually add the polenta through the opening.
- Meanwhile, clean the mushrooms and cut into bite-sized pieces. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the mushrooms for around 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the fried mushrooms on top of the polenta and garnish with a dollop of crème fraîche or ricotta.
Original recipe & picture by Liz Sinner