Luxembourg’s favourite party is just around the corner! We’ve listed for you some of the best spots in Luxembourg to view the fireworks.
On the eve of National Day, more than 100,000 Luxembourgers and their many friends from the Greater Region gather in the capital every year to celebrate the Grand Duchy. The highlight of the evening is, of course, the “Freedefeier” (a big fireworks display) that will start at 11 pm, and this year it will last for about 20 minutes. As in the past, the fireworks will be launched from the Pont Adolphe.
We’ve listed the 5 best places to watch the fireworks with the best views and atmosphere.
- Constitution Square (Gëlle Fra) – Constitution Square is not only home to the famous landmark of the “Gëlle Fra”, but also offers the best views of Pont Adolphe. No wonder that this is one of the most popular places to enjoy the “Freedefeier”.
- Al Bréck (Passerelle) – The “Al Bréck” (also known as the Passerelle) connects the upper town with the Gare-District and provides a wonderful view over the Petrus Valley towards Pont Adolphe. Here you have the choice of mingling with the crowd on the bridge itself or making yourself comfortable right next to it on “Cannon Hill”.
- Dräi Eechelen Park (Kirchberg) – The “Dräi Eechelen” Park is located on the Kirchberg plateau just behind the Philharmonie and offers large green spaces amidst the remains of the old fortress walls. From here you not only have a great view of the fireworks but also a wonderful panoramic view of the entire Old Town.
- Place de Metz – If you want to be particularly close to the action, the best place is the Place de Metz, right in front of the famous Spuerkeess Tower. This side of the Petrus Valley is also usually a little less crowded.
- Hotel Parc Belle-Vue – The terrace of the Hotel Parc Belle-Vue is located directly above the Petrus Valley and right next to Pont Adolphe and therefore is one of the most beautiful viewing platforms for the show. The hotel restaurant offers its guests a matching evening programme with a buffet. Reservations and information: www.goereshotels.com
Picture: Sven Becker