- 4 large eggs
- 3 handful of fresh kale
- 250 g of ricotta cheese
- 300 g butternut squash
- olive oil
- 80 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp of fresh chives
1. Peel and cut the squash into small cubes and let simmer in a large pan with a little water for 10-20 minutes, until tender.
2. In the meantime, whisk the eggs into a large bowl. Wash the kale, using only the leaves and put them in a blender. Add the ricotta cheese and mix. Add the blended kale and ricotta to the eggs and whisk again.
3. Put the squash in a bowl, mash it with a fork and let slightly cool, then add to the egg mixture. Season with pepper and add 50 g of grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Preheat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat, drizzle with a little oil, then pour in the mixture. Let cook until the sides start to turn golden (5-10 minutes).
5. Cover the omelette with the rest of the Parmesan cheese, then pop it under the grill (210 °C) for about 8 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Serve with more pepper and chives, together with a green salad and bread.