- 500 g flour
- 5-6 eggs
- approx. 150 ml milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100-150 g smoked streaky bacon
- parsley, chives
1. Sieve the flour into a large bowl, put the salt and eggs in the middle of it and, while stirring, add as much milk as is necessary to obtain a semi-solid, smooth dough. Let the dough rest for half an hour.
2. In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to the boil. With a tablespoon, which you dip into the hot water every time before, you can cut off small dumplings from the dough and let them simmer in portions in boiling water until they come to the surface. Then place them on a preheated plate with a skimmer.
3. In the meantime, fry the bacon until crispy, pour off the fat and bring to the boil with cream.
4. Spread the bacon sauce over the kniddels and sprinkle with parsley and chives.
Recipe: Monique Melsen
Photo: Raymond Erbs