Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and with it the desire to spend some time together away from the daily grind of recent times. We have therefore selected some romantic getaways for a cocooning stay with your other half.
In Luxembourg, in the Greater Region or a little further away, the choice is yours!
Getaways in and around Luxembourg
- In the heart of Luxembourg city, experience a magical evening at the Place D’Armes hotel.
- Elegant and charming, spend a night in a green setting at the Hostellerie du Grünewald.
- An evening on the roofs of Kirchberg in the colourful atmosphere of the Mama Shelter.
- A relaxing night after a session at the Nuxe Spa at Château d’Urspelt.
- A night in the heart of the Belgian Ardennes to recharge your batterie at Le Val D’amblève.
- A night at the Royal Hotel is always a good idea, you know you’re in for a treat!
- Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal offers lovers an exceptional dinner in their restaurant l’Étoile during a romantic evening in an idyllic setting, with a breathtaking view over the Pétrusse Valley
This year again, the Luxembourg City Tourist Office is offering its “Love Promenade” on Sunday, the 12th of February. During 2 hours, an experienced guide will show you the most beautiful panoramic views of Luxembourg City. In order to keep an unforgettable souvenir of this guided tour, a professional photographer will be present as well.
Looking for something a little more unique?
What about an exceptional night’s sleep? Discover a few addresses of accommodation that are, to say the least, original.
- Sleep overnight at one of the unusual cabins from Simpleviu in Luxembourg. We also interviewed the owner, discover the article here!
- Treat yourselves to a getaway in a former barn in the middle of the Ardennes’ rural field at El Clandestino.
- The Nutchel Cabins also offer cosy “staycations” in the middle of Nature.
- On top of a relaxed evening away from home, guests at Chalets Petry Spa & Relax also have access to their wellness area.
Getaways in Europe
What if you went a little further away? A few hours by train or plane for a city trip with a change of scenery.
- Paris, the city to be for Valentine’s Day
2h10 by train only to experience a Parisian stay in the city of love at Le Bristol Paris.
- Porto, an intimate stay
With many flights from Luxembourg, book a getaway and stay at the Vila Foz Hotel & Spa facing the infinite blue ocean.
- Bordeaux, a gastronomic break
So, what are your plans for this romantic day?