Put the crémant on ice, 2024 is just around the corner! What, you haven’t made any plans for New Year’s Eve yet? Then it’s about time you do! Here are some of the best places in Luxembourg where you can celebrate the coming year in a proper manner.
- Luxexpo THE BOX will once again host the biggest local festival at the turn of the year: The Start Up NYE Festival. The line-up includes Dutch future house DJ Mike Williams and Austrian Toby Romeo. Expect loud bass and a breathtaking light show.
- Casino 2000 in Mondorf-les-Bains is organising a dazzling, colourful party for New Year’s Eve under the motto “Cuban Fever”. There will be live salsa music, delicious cocktails and South American snacks to match!
- De Gudde Wëllen has been the home of the alternative scene in Luxembourg for many years. On New Year’s Eve, you won’t hear any of the usual mainstream tunes here. Instead, you will be treated to an extraordinary programme with acts from the underground electronic music scene. The main act will be French artist Izadorä, who will bring a mixture of electronic sounds, traditional instruments, dance and singing to the stage. The programme also includes DJ sets by artists Yann, Paulinska and Gustavo Morales aka Ghost.
- Lucilin is a brand new restaurant in the heart of Luxembourg’s historic city centre and is offering two events for New Year’s Eve: Firstly, a gastronomically spectacular gala dinner with 5 courses, and secondly, a more relaxed alternative with cocktails, finger food and a live DJ.
- The motto for New Year’s Eve at the Fabrik in Mersch is “Dance ‘Till You Drop”. Pero Diamond and the Luxembourg scene veteran DJ-Dee will provide the right background music on the turntables.
- Mama Shelter is probably the coolest rooftop bar in Luxembourg City. For New Year’s Eve, you can celebrate the New Year in style here above the tower blocks of Kirchberg. This year’s party promises to be a journey back in time to the wild 70s under the motto “Disco Ball Madness”. Sparkling and extravagant outfits are strictly recommended!
- If you like clubbing on New Year’s Eve, you’re sure to get your money’s worth at Gotham or Melusina. The two most popular nightclubs in Luxembourg offer a safe haven for all night owls. Melusina offers a small indoor music festival with various DJs on several dance floors, while a more exclusive, traditional clubbing experience awaits you at Gotham.