This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
For the sponge cake
- 180 g egg whites
- 150 g sugar
- 120 g egg yolks
- 150 g flour
For the mocha buttercream
- 250 g sugar
- 70 g water
- 2 large eggs
- 300 g butter
- Coffee extract or a double ristretto
The sponge cake
- Whip the egg whites and fold in the sugar. Fold in the yolks with a spatula and then the flour.
- Spread on a baking sheet and sprinkle with icing sugar, bake at 170 °C for about 10 minutes. Alternatively (for the round shape), bake the sponge in a savarin dish in the same way.
The mocha buttercream
- Beat the eggs in a mixer. Cook the sugar and water to 118°C and pour over the eggs. Beat until completely cooled, then add the butter and coffee.
- Assemble the cake in successive layers of biscuits and buttercream, lightly soak the biscuit with coffee. Spread buttercream all around and decorate with a beautiful wave of vanilla whipped cream.
Recipe: Yves Jehanne
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine