How can you keep up your spirits and your self-care routine all winter? By adopting good habits as soon as the first frost sets in. Good habits, herbs and your grandmother’s remedies to be exact. Here are ten remedies that will help you stay on great form throughout the cold season!
- Drink 1.5 litres of water per day to eliminate toxins and waste and to keep my immune system in top shape.
- Skip the tea and coffee. Swap these stimulating drinks for herbal teas
(thyme and rosemary are perfect for winter), a cup of chicory root coffee, or drinks made from adaptogenic plants.
- Speaking of adaptogens, your new best friend this winter is echinacea, THE immunity plant (suitable from age 4), or astragalus (for adults only). Your immune system will thank you!
- Kick off the winter season with zinc, a trace element which supports a strong immune system. Although it is present in food, the body’s absorption and storage capacities are too low. As a bonus, it helps maintain healthy skin, strong nails and hair! What more could you ask for?
- Count on a good night’s sleep by going to bed around 10 pm and switching off screens about an hour before bedtime. Rediscover the joy of reading on long winter evenings!
- Rinse nostrils regularly with an iodine solution.
- Enjoy raw and cooked vegetables with every meal. KACHEN is full of delicious and healthy recipes: don’t miss out!
- Even if it is cold outside, go for a walk in the fresh air for at 30 least minutes a day!
- Sprinkle enzyme-rich sprouted seeds on your plate to help maintain a healthy microbiome. It plays a fundamental role in protecting your body against diseases.
- Avoid industrially processed food as much as possible: it provides nothing but empty calories with no nutritional benefit, which tires our bodies unnecessarily.