This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
Spring is here and so is good weather (hopefully)! If you have no idea where to go for lunch, let our suggestions inspire your next culinary experience! Let us guide you through the best food trucks Luxembourg has to offer.
African food to boost your mood!
- Afrikan Gourmet sells fresh burgers with a twist: the burger patties are made with ostrich meat. While this may sound surprising, ostrich meat is quite healthy as it is low both in calories and cholesterol. The refined meat is also environmentally friendly as Afrikan Gourmet relies on Straussenfarm, a local and Luxembourg-based ostrich breeder!
- Tabor Food Concept offers authentic Ethiopian specialities such as the “injera doro wot” (“doro” meaning “chicken” while “wot” signifies “stew” or “sauce” in Amharic). The dish is usually prepared with eggs, onions and berbere, the typical Ethiopian spice mixture. The stew is generally served on some delicious injera, which are sour bread patties made from teff flour!
For a little Latin flair!
- Head over to Las Maracas for vegetarian quesadillas, tacos, “cochinita pibil”, which is a traditional Yucatec Mayan slow-roasted pork dish from the Yucatán Peninsula or a “torta”, which is usually served with burger bread, beans, cheese, sauce and some lip-smacking avocado!
- Le Delizie di Mario is a Venezuelan-Italian food truck, which alongside their homemade lasagna and tiramisu, traditional Venezuelan food is served. Like for example, “Arepas”, corn pancakes filled with beef, chicken or tuna (while vegetarian arepas are also available) with fries on the side!
- Sabores de Argentina offers Argentinian specialities such as “empanadas de carne”, a meat pastry, or “choripan”, consisting of a grilled chorizo sausage grilled cut in half. Choripan is usually served in a baguette or crusty bread, with some chimichurri, a green, spicy sauce typically used on grilled meat!
- Tacoshop sells a large selection of Mexican food such as the famous tacos and scrumptious quesadillas (veggie and vegan options included) or some “papas asadas”, grilled potatoes with butter and meat of your choice!
A culinary journey through Asia
- Chef Guo serves Thai, Indian and Chinese specialities. Starters include Chinese spring rolls and a traditional soup with celery, bamboo, carrots, onions and an egg. Chef Guo also offers dishes with a sweet coconut sauce or red curry with the meat or fish of your liking!
- De Reiskocher is the first Indonesian street food truck in Luxembourg. Try their “bakso”, a national meatball soup dish, prepared with noodles, vegetables, tofu, cabbage, bean sprouts, fried shallots and warm broth. Indonesian people like it best with some “kecap manis” (a sweet soy sauce), a tiny amount of sambal (Indonesian chili sauce) and vinegar!
- The Thai food truck, Green Mango, has recently added a new dish to their menu – the incredible green curry chicken (watch out: their spice level is indicated by three flames!). Green Mango also offers vegan options such as spring rolls or pad thai with glass noodles and tofu!
Burgers food trucks in Luxembourg
- Gingerhead offers beef-based burgers such as their incredible “Smashed” burger, made with two thin beef patties, slices of cheddar and lettuce. However, don’t hesitate to add more toppings to create the most succulent burger!
- Food Riders sways people into buying their delicious classic burgers, which include an exceptional vegan burger, served with Mexican fries, homemade guacamole and onion rings!
- LëtzeBurger sells indulgent burgers such as their “Black Angus”, which is composed of black brioche bread, Angus beef, Manchego cheese, an egg and caramelised onions. “De LëtzeBurger” sounds equally amazing as it includes a Gromperekichelchen (Luxembourgish potato pancake)!
- So Food started in 2014 with the concept of “fast and good at a reasonable price”. All burgers are made with 100% beef, except for the veggie and chicken ones. Watch out for their “So Raclette” burger, filled with beef, bacon, caramelised onions and some lovely raclette cheese!
For Italian food aficionados
- Amor al dente offers pasta of the day, from penne, spaghetti to fusilli and farfalle. You can also add a piadina (a thin, Italian flatbread) to your meal, with different fillings such as grilled pork neck, Gubbio sausage or grilled vegetables!
- Explore the Sicilian capital Palermo thanks to Arancino, where different specialities are served such as arancini (Italian rice balls), panelle (fritters made from chickpea flour) or pane ca meusa (Sicilian for “bread with spleen”, which includes cow spleen and bits of the lung)!
- Hyde’s pizzas are incredibly tasty, and you will soon know why: they serve authentic Neapolitan pizzas! If you happen to be in a hurry, ask for your pizza in “portafoglio style” – wrapped twice, the pizza will perfectly fit into one hand only!
- Verace is another great pizza food truck, which regularly offers specials of the week such as the pizza Sophia Loren, with tomato sauce, fior di latte as well as buffalo’s mozzarella, bresaola (beef salami), basil, shaved parmesan and truffle oil!
That’s a wrap, enjoy some of the best food trucks Luxembourg has to offer!
Picture: Food Riders