- 400 g waxy potatoes
- 200 g lean pancetta
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1½ L stock (poultry or vegetable stock, according to taste)
- 400 g beans (flat runner beans or French beans)
- 2 sprigs savory
- 4 Mettwurst sausages (or 8 mini Mettwurst sausages)
- Salt, pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Dice the bacon and fry it in a pot over medium heat. After a few minutes, add the flour to the rendered fat of the bacon and stir in with a stirring spoon to make a smooth roux. Now add the stock while stirring, then add the diced potatoes and cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped beans and savory and simmer everything together for another 20 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and add a dash of cream or sour cream to taste before serving.
- Cook the sausages separately in a little water (then the soup will not be so salty) or add them to the pot about 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time and cook them in the soup. Cut into slices and serve with the soup.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine