- 620 g LE MOULIN Gastronomic flour
- 100g sugar
- 250 ml warm milk
- 1 cube of fresh yeast (42 g)
- 100 g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
For the filling :
- 160g almond powder
- 50g sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp cloves, ground
- 1 egg white
- 6 tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
And also :
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- 24 chocolate chips
- Put the flour and sugar in a large bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Put the warm milk in a jug or small bowl, crumble the yeast into it and stir it in completely.
- Pour the diluted yeast into the flour, add the melted butter and eggs and knead the dough for a few minutes. Form a ball, cover the bowl with a clean cloth and leave to rise for 45 minutes at room temperature so that the dough doubles in size.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Mix all the ingredients together until the dough has a spreadable consistency - you can add a little more milk if necessary. Set aside.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead briefly. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. To create the head, take about 30 g of dough from each portion and shape into a walnut-sized ball - this will make the head.
- Roll out one remaining piece of dough into a rectangle. Spread the surface with the filling, then roll the dough up into an oval. Cut along the oval on both sides and at both ends, then lift the dough onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Shape the cut ends to form the two legs and two arms. Place the ball on top to form the head. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cover the Boxemännecher with a clean cloth and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C and mix the egg yolk with a little milk.
- After 30 minutes brush the Boxemännecher with the egg yolk and decorate with the chocolate chips - two for the eyes and one for the button.
- Put the Boxemännecher in the oven for 15 minutes. Leave to cool on a cooling rack before serving.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine