Still haven’t found the right gift for Christmas? Then it is about time! Here are a few ideas for gifts to buy in Luxembourg.
Every year, finding the right gift is a significant challenge for many. You know the drill: not sure what to give, delaying shopping, and a week before Christmas, you’re still empty-handed. But worry not, help is on the way! With our list of the best gift ideas, we’re here to lend a hand. The Grand Duchy boasts a wide array of excellent products, manufacturers, and sellers, just a stone’s throw away. Here are our picks for some of the best Christmas gift ideas in Luxembourg:
MADE IN LUXEMBOURG
Handcrafted, local products are not only of high quality but also have a unique, personal touch. Great for those looking for something special!
- MÉLUCIA & DANDY CRAFT: For her, there’s Mélucia with natural, elegant cosmetic products. For him, Dandy Craft at the Cloche d’Or Shopping Center offers stylish men’s grooming products. Both brands represent Luxembourg’s craftsmanship – perfect gifts for any occasion.
- GENAVEH & BERNARD MASSARD: Few gifts are as timeless and elegant as crémant and chocolates. Fortunately, Bernard-Massard and Genaveh have teamed up to combine both in a box with a sophisticated design. Whether for Christmas or as a New Year’s Eve party gift, this little box is a sure hit! It includes 15 chocolate pralines from Genaveh and a 20cl bottle of 1921 Crémant du Luxembourg. Available at selected retailers.
- SAVONNERIE DU COLIBRI: At the small workshop of Savonnerie du Colibri in Habscht, high-quality, ecological soap products are handcrafted. Perfect for gifting, they offer household, personal care, or shaving sets in zero-waste bags. Products are available online, in local Auchan stores and several smaller shops.
- ANCESTRAL CERÂMICA: Ancestral Cerâmica offers unique, handcrafted ceramic products made in Luxembourg! Each piece is a one-of-a-kind, making it a very personal gift!
- LUXEMBOURG HOUSE: Luxembourg House offers everything that Luxembourg has to offer on 85 square meters: art and decor, food and drinks, dishes, textiles, jewelry, etc. Something for every budget.
- MADE IN LUXEMBOURG POP-UP: Until December 24th, the upper floor of the Kirchberg Shopping Centre hosts a pop-up store where various small local artisans display and sell their goods. A sure place to find something unique.
- ATELIERS KRÄIZBIERG: Ateliers Kräizbierg in Dudelange, the largest “Atelier Protégé” in the country, not only performs important charitable work but also produces high-quality products. A highlight is the “Möbino” espresso cup, created in collaboration with Metaform Architects Luxembourg, inspired by the Luxembourg Pavilion at the Dubai 2020 World Expo.
- MAKIMBA & MARILOU POP-UP: Makimba et Marilou is a small winter pop-up store open until December 29th. Here you can find ethically handcrafted jewelry and decorative items.
The most gifted item in the world are flowers. That speaks for itself. Why overthink when it’s this simple? Here are some great addresses of flower shops:
- ALBUS FLEURS: Albus Fleurs in Merl is one of the most beautiful flower shops in the country. With a special sense for beauty, they create outstanding bouquets and plant arrangements. Plus, they do home delivery in Luxembourg City and surrounding areas.
- FLOWERS FOR LUXEMBOURG: “Flowers for Luxembourg” offers a unique and convenient online service for flower delivery throughout Luxembourg. With a user-friendly website, it allows customers to choose from a variety of fresh bouquets and arrangements for any occasion. In addition to flowers, they also send small gift boxes, chocolates, perfume and wine.
The right book can bring joy to anyone. Fortunately, our country offers several well-stocked bookstores, like Alinéa in Luxembourg City, Diedirch in Esch-sur-Alzette, or the various branches of Ernster. If you can’t find anything here, it’s all down to you. If you’re looking for the perfect book for a cooking enthusiast, we suggest the best cookbooks of the past year:
- RADILICIOUS: “Radilicious” is an innovative cookbook featuring 100 purely plant-based recipes from Europe’s leading vegetable chefs. Over 400 pages showcase the creative importance of fruits and vegetables in cooking. Priced at 64.99 euros, it’s an ideal Christmas gift for culinary explorers.
- TWEED TIME: Although autumn is over, Theresa Baumgärtner’s book remains a timeless gift, also fitting for Christmas. It offers a captivating journey through the fall season with recipes and stories. A perfect gift for lovers of cuisine and nature. (Only available in German!)
- CRISPY & CRUNCHY: In this book, Chef Eddi takes readers into the world of Japanese fusion cuisine, perfected by Viennese innovation. It demonstrates how frying simple ingredients can create delicious comfort food. An ideal Christmas gift for fans of Japanese cuisine and culinary experimentation.
Of course, a homemade gift is always an option. Last year, we published an article with exciting ideas that can – of course – still be implemented this year. Check it out!
KACHEN & REESEN
A magazine subscription is always a great gift idea. Why not choose our KACHEN magazine? It offers seasonal recipes, fascinating news, and stories from the world of gastronomy, culture, and lifestyle. There’s also REESEN, with its impressive collection of exciting travel reports and breathtaking photos that invite you to dream.