- 500 g fresh, ripe strawberries
- Espelette pepper to taste
- 50 g sugar
- 325 g whole milk
- 95 g cream 35%
- 60 g milk powder
- 95 g sugar
- 35 g glucose
- 54 g trimoline or inverted sugar
For the Inverted Sugar
- 750 g icing sugar
- 360 g water
- 0.75 g cream tartaric acid or 0.75 g citric acid or 8 ml lemon juice (0.75 g = 1/3 tsp)
- A thermometer
- A medium sized pan
Add everything to a pot. Boil over high heat and bring to 114°C; this can take 20 to 30 minutes. Pour into a cold container. Your inverted sugar is ready!
1. Make a strawberry purée by crushing the fruit with 50 g sugar, then simmer in a saucepan for 1 minute and mix. Pass through a cloth. Season with Espelette pepper as desired.
2. Heat the milk and cream to 35°C, then add 95 g sugar and glucose, which you combine beforehand. Add the milk powder at 60°C, then bring the mixture to 85°C. Add the Trimoline and the strawberry purée.
3. Stir and leave to rest overnight in the refrigerator, then add to your ice cream maker.
Recipe : Yves Jehanne