- 260 g light spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 100 g butter, softened
- 140 g cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tube of red spray glaze (optional)
1. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the egg, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and poppy seeds and stir.
3. Divide the dough into two portions, flatten slightly and wrap in cling film. Put in the fridge for 2 hours. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before rolling out.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 °C on fan-assisted mode. One after the other, roll out the two portions of dough on a lightly floured surface to about 5 mm thick and punch out some heart shapes.
5. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
6. Once the biscuits are completely cooled, decorate with the spray glaze. Allow to dry and then place in a cookie jar to store.