You’ve probably already noticed the “Feierdeeg Dinner Box” on the shelves of your local shop! A partnership between Le Moulin 1704, Luxlait, La Moutarderie du Luxembourg and De Beiefritz, this festive box offers you the best products from Luxembourg to make delicious recipes.
Today we’re sharing an exclusive recipe from the “Feierdeeg Dinner Box”: Monkfish Medaillon and Linguine Le Moulin 1704 with Cream of Pumpkin Soup. With the freshness of the monkfish and the creaminess of the pumpkin, this revamped recipe is an invitation to a local and festive dish!
- 500 g pumpkin
- 300 g monkfish fillet
- 200 g Linguine Le Moulin 1704
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 20 cl Luxlait 12% cream
- 10 cloves garlic
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the pumpkin into thick slices, removing the seeds but keeping the skin. Arrange the slices on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Add the garlic cloves with the skins. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme and rosemary sprigs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for around 40 minutes, monitoring cooking until the pumpkin is tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, roast the sunflower seeds in a small frying pan over a high heat for about 5 minutes. Set aside once golden and crisp.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the Linguine Le Moulin 1704 pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and keep warm.
- Cut the monkfish fillet into medallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and brown the monkfish medallions over a high heat for around 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Wrap the medallions in aluminium foil and keep warm.
- Remove the slices of roasted pumpkin and a few cloves of skinless garlic. Place in a saucepan.
- Add the Luxlait crème fraîche to the pan and blend until smooth. If the texture is too thick, add a little water to reach the desired consistency. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Stir the linguine into the pan and generously coat with the pumpkin cream.
- Arrange the linguine pasta in deep plates.
- Arrange the monkfish medallions on the pasta and sprinkle with roasted sunflower seeds. For a final touch, garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme.
And it's ready!
Convinced by the recipe? You'll find it in the "Feierdeeg Dinner Box", available through the distribution network of Moulins de Kleinbettingen and its Le Moulin 1704 brand in Luxembourg.