- 150 g EKABE Kachkéis with garlic
- 150 g carrots
- 150 g Romanesco (or other cabbage like cauliflower or broccoli)
- 2 packages ready puff pastry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg
- Some basil leaves
- 1 muffin tin
- Cut the vegetables in pieces and cook in boiling water for a few minutes, until tender. Drain, let cool, mix, season with salt and pepper and mash roughly with a fork. Set aside.
- Unroll you puff pastry and using a cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles of dough the size of the muffin cups. From the second pastry sheet cut out 12 smaller dough circles as lids.
- Brush the muffin tray with butter. Place the larger circles of pastry in the cups of the muffin tray and fill each with a spoonful of the vegetable mixture. Put a spoonful of Ekabe Kachkéis with garlic in each, top with some more vegetable mixture and finish with the pastry lids. Press the edges together all around with a fork and poke a hole in the centre. Brush with beaten egg and bake at 200°C for 20 minutes. Arrange the pie on a plate with some basil leaves.