- 1.5 kg turkey stir-fry or turkey shoulder cut into pieces of about 70 g
- 12 spring onions
- 500 g fresh button mushrooms
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 70 g (+ a little more) butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 70 g flour
- Salt, pepper
For the broth
- 1 large onion pricked with 4 cloves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek white
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 bouquet garni with thyme, bay leaf, parsley
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp coarse salt
- 300 g ready-made Kachkéis
1. Place the pieces of meat in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil for 1 minute to poach the meat and remove the impurities and starch.
2. Drain the meat and place it in a saucepan with 2 carrots, 1 large onion studded with 4 cloves, 4 garlic cloves, 1 leek white, 1 celery stalk, 1 bouquet garni with thyme, bay leaf, parsley, 1 vegetable stock cube and 2 tablespoons of coarse salt. Cover with water and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and cook for about 50 minutes, skimming regu- larly.
3. In a saucepan, melt a knob of but- ter and add the peeled spring onions with a glass of water and 2 table- spoons of sugar. Cook over low heatfor 20 minutes until the liquid has evaporated a little and the onions are lightly browned. Keep warm.
4. In a frying pan, melt a knob of but- ter and sauté the mushrooms for 5 – 10 minutes with a little water and the lemon juice. Season with salt and keep warm. When the meat is cooked, keep it warm and collect the broth by passing it through a strainer or sieve. Melt 70 g of butter over low heat and add the same amount of flour to make a roux. Stir well until the butter is absorbed and the roux colours slightly. Add the stock 3 or 4 times, whisking until the first broths. Then add the Kachkéis mixed with the egg yolk and whisk vigorously. Adjust the seasoning and add the pieces of meat to the sauce. Serve with rice and vegetables.
Recipe: Frédéric Vuillemin