- 12 prawns
- Salted Butter
- ½ chopped Roscoff onions
- 150 ml of raw cider
- 150 ml of liquid cream (35%)
- 1 pinch of roasted Szechuan pepper
- 5 g dried wakame rehydrated in a little cider
- 1 tbsp trout roe
- Clean and shell the prawns, reserving the heads for later.
- Fry the onion for 3 minutes in a large knob of salted butter, then add the cider and the prawn heads. Reduce to ¾ and add the pepper, seaweed, cream and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Grill the prawns separately for 3 – 4 minutes and place in a deep dish.
- Arrange according to taste with fresh seaweed and trout roe. Serve with paddy noodles
or basmati rice.
Recipe: Bertrand Duchamps