This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
- 1 kg of rump steak
- butter for cooking
- 2 large onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tsp cornstarch
- 250 ml beef stock
- 250 ml Guinness dark beer
- 2 carrots
- 2 laurel leaves
- 1 sprig of thyme
1. Cut the meat into 2 cm cubes. Melt butter in a saucepan/cocotte and fry onions and garlic. Remove and drain.
2. In the same pan, brown the meat on both sides. Reduce the heat and add the stock. Stir to make a thick sauce.
3. Add the beer and mix. Add cornstarch if necessary to thicken the sauce. Stir in onions, garlic, potatoes, herbs, carrots and pepper.
4. Simmer for 1h30-2h to allow the sauce to reduce and thicken.
5. Serve sprinkled with parsley.