- 500 g raw chorizo sausages
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 150 ml red wine
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, plus leaves to garnish
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan, to serve
- Split open the sausage skins and carefully peel away and discard. Roughly chop the sausage meat and place in a food processor, pulse until coarsely ground.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the minced chorizo and minced beef, stirring for 2 – 3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, wine, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered
for 35 – 40 minutes until the sauce is thickened. Adjust seasoning to taste, then stir in the basil
and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 – 12 minutes until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and divide between serving bowls, top with the sauce. Scatter over the pine nuts, some basil leaves and serve with freshly grated parmesan.