- 85 g caster sugar
- 35 g flour
- 35 g almond powder
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 tbsp each: thyme and rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 tbsp of liquid vanilla
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 50 g salted butter, melted
- 6 dried figs, cut in half (at horizontal)
1. Mix the powdered sugar, flour, almond powder, baking powder, thyme, rosemary and vanilla. Season with pepper. Add the whites to the dry ingredients. Add the butter. Mix well. Set aside for at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Place the figs on the bottom of the financier or mini-muffin moulds. Fill them at 3⁄4. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until the financiers are lightly browned.
3. Cool on a wire rack.