- Puff pastry
- One tin of pumpkin puree
- 140 g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp whipped cream
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice or 4 spice mix
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cream and spices in a bowl. Mix to a smooth dough.
- Roll out the puff pastry to 0.5 cm thick and cut out an even number of pumpkins from the pastry using a pumpkin-shaped cutter. Set half of the pumpkins aside for the base of the cake and decorate the other half by cutting out pumpkin lanterns.
- Place a tablespoon of the pumpkin puree mixture on each undecorated puff pastry pumpkin and then close the pie with a decorated puff pastry pumpkin. Press lightly on the edges of the tart to close it and press with the back of a fork on the edges of the pie. This will not only decorate the pumpkin but also prevent the pumpkin pastry from leaking inside. Repeat the process until you have no more pumpkin-shaped pastry.
- Brush each pumpkin pie with egg yolk so that it turns golden when baked. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes until the cakes have turned a nice golden colour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating.