- 500 g flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 150 ml milk
- 42 g yeast
- 70 g sugar
- 10 g salt
- 120 g butter
- 125 g raisins
- 3 eggs
- 15 ml milk, to coat
- Put the flour in a bowl and form a well in the middle. Crumble in the yeast together with 4 tablespoons of lukewarm milk and a tablespoon of sugar and place in the well.
- Mix lightly, then cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs, salt, sugar and remaining milk and knead with a food processor for 10 minutes. Then leave the dough to rest for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to the dough.
- Knead for another 10 minutes, then add the raisins. Once everything is mixed well, cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for 40 minutes. The dough should have doubled in volume.
- Knead on a flat surface using a little flour and place in a buttered and flour-coated baking tin. Let rise again for 15 minutes before baking. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C fan-assisted.
- Brush the cake with a little milk, then bake for 40 minutes at 180°C, then 20 minutes at 160°C. Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool.
Recipe: Véronique Wildgen