This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
- 100 g butter
- 150 g sugar
- 8 g of backing soda
- 200 g flour
- 50 ml milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- Finely grated lemon zest and lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease the bottom and sides of a fluted tube pan.
- Whisk the sugar and the melted butter together in a bowl until light. Whisk the eggs, and add the lemon zest, lemon juice and poppy seeds.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, the salt and the baking soda. Add this flour mixture slowly into the first bowl, alternating with milk.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes.
NOTE: "Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake" movie now in theaters in Luxembourg!
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine