For the base
- 125 g almonds
- 25 g oat flakes
- 120 g dates to make a paste
For the cream
- 300 g cashew nuts (plain)
- 70 g coconut oil
- 290 g coconut milk
- 240 g lemon juice + peel
- 60 g agave syrup
For the material
- Individual circles (Ø 5 cm) or verrines
- Rhodoïd (pastry tape) alt. use baking paper ribbons
1. Soak the dates in cold water the day before.
2. On the day, let the dates drain and blend them to a paste. Gently mix with the other ingredients. Place a strip of rhodoïd (or baking paper) inside the circle to facilitate demoulding. Spread 25 g in each circle. Press down.
1. Soak the cashews in cold water the night before. Drain.
2. On the day, melt the coconut oil. Blend all the ingredients in a blender. The consistency of the cream should be silky smooth and creamy, rather than liquid. Taste and adjust the lemon flavour. Pour into circles or verrines.
3. Leave to set in a cool place for at least 12 hours. Garnish.
Tip: If you like the scent of coconut oil, use a classic coconut oil, otherwise opt for a neutral coconut oil.
Recipe : Julie Jager (Bakhaus)